- The contract for the second phase of the construction is signed and work
- The out-patient clinic is opened.
- The Day Hospital will open towards the end of the year.
2002 Ten years completed :
- Total patients treated: 1760 (85% of patients were able to stay at
home until the end of their lives)
- Total benefit received: 307 m. pesetas
- Total cost of Centro Cudeca: 220 m. pesetas
- Almost 400 volunteers are helping Cudeca
- President Joan Hunt, is awarded the honour of receiving the OBE (Order
of the British Empire, for cancer care in Southern Spain).
- The contract is signed for the third and final part of the construction.
- Day Care Centre is opened.
- The 9th Cudeca Charity Centre opens in Alhaurin el Grande
- Our 3rd International Voices for Hospices concert is held in Torremolinos
- Selected for the award for “International Day of Volunteers 2003” from
the Junta de Andalucia.
- Awarded the prize to celebrate “El Dia de Andalucia” from the Minister
of Health for Andalucia.
- The 10th Cudeca Charity Shop opens in Alora.
- Gift of 10 patient beds, tables, bedding and accessories received from
Vadstena Hospice, Sweden
- Received the special Medal from the “Ateneo de Málaga”.
- Construction of the In-patient Unit is complete and furnishing commences.
- Opening of In-patient Unit. Commencing with 10 of the 16 beds.
- Awarded “Malta Cross” by Hospital Carlos Haya, Málaga.
- Joan Hunt honoured with title “Malagueño del Año” for A.R.C. El Portón
Feria de Málaga, 2005
- Participated in International Palliative Care Day.
- Joan Hunt is awarded the prize “Premio Trayectoria Profesional” 2005
from FEDEPE – La Federación Española de Mujeres Directivas,
Profesionales y Empresarias.